- Mesh-independent fasteners couple layers of material to each other, simulating the effect of e.g. spot welds.
- They don’t require the coupled region to be separated from other regions by a partition (mesh-independence), making them easy to define.
- Instead their position is defined by attachment points, reference points or nodes.
- It is possible to create patterns of attachments points, to easily define the location of multiple fasteners.
- Fastener are defined from the interaction module, via “special”, “fasteners”, “create” or the “create fasteners” icon.
- Rigid MPC fasteners are possible. The behavior of the fastener can also be defined via a connector section to allow more complex behavior.