- Abaqus allows you to continue a previous analysis with a new analysis.
- Restarting is only possible from increments for which restart files are available for the previous analysis.
- These are requested before the previous analysis is run, from the step module, via “output” “restart requests”.
- In the model attributes of the new analysis you can refer to the step of the previous job that should be used as starting point.
- It is possible to continue an interrupted job as it was originally defined, or to add additional steps.
- Because additional steps are a continuation of what was done before, it is not possible to include new geometry etc.
- Select ‘restart’ as job type when running the restart analysis
- The .odb of the restart analysis will only contain data of the newly simulated steps, so the output is split over two odb's.